My photo
-an independent landscape designer with over 2,700 projects since 1981, giving me tremendous insight and expertise that allow me to solve design problems quickly. Services and styles are tailored to the specific needs of the client; ranging from scale drawn master plans with hardscapes and plantings to on-site consultations utilizing spray paint and flags for instant visualization. My specialties and services offered include residential and commercial, both large and small.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

WE HAVE COME A LONG WAY! MARTIN LUTHER KING DAY


I purchased this 336 page cookbook, FAIRMOUNT FARE  at a rummage sale. It is a fascinating collection of recipes hand written with drawings by each of the contributors. The women were all members of Fairmount Presbyterian Church and some of their daughters are the older women I have met in their Guild. The Recipes From the Deep South is amazingly politically incorrect by today's standards and is remarkable because of its' guilessness.


The table of contents shows post war recipes, so I assume it was created in the mid-1940s.



There were dozens of recipes with Knox gelatin and meat and vegetables. I included the pork cubed recipe because it sounds particularly unappetizing.

No comments:

Post a Comment