My photo
-an independent landscape designer with over 2,700 projects since 1981, giving me tremendous insight and expertise that allow me to solve design problems quickly. Services and styles are tailored to the specific needs of the client; ranging from scale drawn master plans with hardscapes and plantings to on-site consultations utilizing spray paint and flags for instant visualization. My specialties and services offered include residential and commercial, both large and small.

Friday, January 28, 2011

JAMES BROWN IS A MEMBER OF OUR FAMILY

Sandra Bullock and I have something in common.  James Brown became a treasured member of our family years ago. It was before 2000, because that was the year we renovated the kitchen. HGTV's show  "If These Walls Could Talk" had us considering a time capsule in an empty spot behind a cabinet. The night before the granite counter top installation, potential mementos were seriously debated. The image of James being removed from the wall during a kitchen redo 50 years in the future  had us all wondering if the Eveready batteries would still power "The Godfather of Soul's" dancing and singing rendition of "I Feel Good." Ultimately, I could not part with James, although I have since purchased 2 more for posterity.





First time I changed his batteries, I discovered James Brown's white butt!

When my friends with larger homes are carrying  on about trying to keep toilet paper in all 8 bathrooms,  I  empathize.  While I only have 2 baths to maintain, I have scores of toys. Bill has come home to find me, exhausted on the recliner from an afternoon with the Phillips head screwdriver and the Costco packages of replacement batteries.

Those of you who have been so wonderful to follow my new baby blog might have been perplexed by a posting of this blog without captions earlier this week. Unlike James, I haven't felt so good since late last week. The head cold from Hell was holding my sense of humor hostage. In the wee hours of the morning, wanting to learn how to insert a video in my blog,  I attempted a post, blew my nose, then deleted the post seconds later. Cyberspace was faster than my sneeze--my apologies.

I've broken onto the other side and feeling much better now and hope you feel good too. Here's to a great weekend and hoping this post works!

No comments:

Post a Comment